Writer, Editor, Author, Researcher
Freelance writer, editor, author, and researcher with fifteen years of experience. Researching and writing a biography of Elisabeth Elliot. Pursuing ongoing research for high-school level curriculum on a Christian understanding of human flourishing. Concurrently engaged in research and curriculum development to optimize learning for homeschool students who are simultaneously gifted and learning-disabled. Over a decade of research and implementation of best practices for patient-centered home nursing and supporting a mere-difference view of disability. Worked for Hewitt Homeschooling Resources as a high-school English evaluator, editor, and curriculum development team member; for Shared Hope International as an editor and consultant on curriculum development; and as editor of Spring Hill Review, a journal of Pacific Northwest culture. Authored textbooks, British Christian Authors and American Christian Authors, each containing eight original author biographies in addition to high-school level lessons on literature and composition, and published as part of Hewitt Homeschooling Resources’ Lightning Literature & Composition series. Holds a Bachelor’s degree in English with an emphasis in literature and expository writing. Areas of interest include education, prevention of sex trafficking, philosophy of disability, and human flourishing.
- “A New Set of Spotlights on Elisabeth Elliot: What we learn about her life and work from two releases of previously unpublished writings” at Christianity Today.
- “From Jim Elliot to John Allen Chau: The Missionary-Martyr Dilemma” at Christianity Today.
- “‘Is This How It Really Was?’: Exploring Lives Through Private and Public Writing” at Oxford Centre for Life Writing.
- “Our Common Tongue: On Elisabeth Elliot and a Lingua Cascadia” at Christ & Cascadia.
- Afterword, No Graven Image, Elisabeth Elliot, Hewitt Homeschooling Resources, 2010, 978-1578962297.
- “One True Love: In Memory of Elisabeth Elliot” at Hewitt Homeschooling.
- “Northwest Abolitionists: A Window into Cascadia’s Underground Sex Trafficking Railroad” at Christ & Cascadia.
- “What I Never Knew I Wanted” at Birthing Beautiful Ideas.
- Lightning Literature & Composition: British Christian Authors, Hewitt Homeschooling, 2011, 978-1-57896-256-0.
- Lightning Literature & Composition: American Christian Authors, Hewitt Homeschooling, 2006, 978-1-57896-258-7.
EDITING AND PROOFREADING
- No Graven Image, Elisabeth Elliot. Foreword by J. I. Packer, Afterword by Lucy S. R. Austen, Hewitt Homeschooling Resources, 978-1578962297.
- Heretics and Politics: Theology, Power, and Perception in the Last Days of CBC, Thomas A. Fudge, Hewitt Research Foundation, 2014, 978-1578962754.
- C.H. Yadon: and the Vanishing Theological Past in Oneness Pentecostalism, Thomas A. Fudge, Hewitt Research Foundation, 2017, 978-1578962860.
- Renting Lacy: A Story of America’s Prostituted Children, Linda Smith and Cindy Coloma, Shared Hope International, 2009, 978-0976559467.
- 2000 – 2002, University of Washington, BA in English. Annual Dean’s List student.
- 1998 – 2000, Clark College, AA. Graduated with Honors; Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.